Monday, January 7, 2013

Yelp review: Salvadorean Bakery

Excited to get my first taste of "authentic" Central American food at this cafe-bakery way out of the way in South Seattle, I was disappointed, in fact, by the Salvadorean Platter (combination plate) I ordered, which was bland, starchy, chocolate-dark, fried-greasy, and not very substantial.  

The papoose (or whatever it is called) was not very appetizing, nor were the deep fried banana, single tamale, re-fried beans, and fried yucca with bits of pork.  A small side of salad was included as well, the size of the coleslaw you get at KFC.  

I was still famished after finishing everything.

The prices seemed high, as well, for what you got.

Maybe I've gotten spoiled by Tacos Guaymas and Taco del Mar.  Or food trucks, for that matter.

http://www.yelp.com/user_details_review_search?userid=zjZOOgIRvFnGAO0QQ5FNQA&q=salvadorean+bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment