Monday, January 7, 2013

Yelp review update: Colman Pool

About a month ago a recreational group I belong to rented the pool from 7 until 9 p.m. one Saturday evening, after the pool was closed for the day.

I was the last person to shower up and leave Colman.  I accidentally left my new swimsuit on the bench next to the showers.  I didn't think I would have any problem getting it back as between the private party that evening and the time the pool reopened the next day there was obviously no one else entering and using the facilities.

To my dismay despite calling the first thing the next morning, the lifeguards said they had not found my swimsuit.  At the very least, even if the lifeguards had been in a hurry to get out early the previous evening (Saturday night, after all), there was also a maintenance person who scheduled to come in early Sunday.

Pretty mysterious.

When I did contact the Seattle Parks Department, they seemed pretty defensive and reported that the protocol for picking up stray items had been followed by their staff.  ("Maybe it fell out of your bag on the way to the car."  "But I know I hadn't wrapped it up, as it would have been sopping wet.").

On the other hand, swimsuits just don't get up and walk away.

I would not leave anything behind at Colman Pool, for any reason, as security may be a problem ("Maybe an 'inside job'?").

http://www.yelp.com/user_details_review_search?q=colman+pool&userid=zjZOOgIRvFnGAO0QQ5FNQA

No comments:

Post a Comment