Sunday, February 23, 2014

Why do some people mistake arrogance for pride? "You really is pathetic."





no sacred cows here..
except this guy.





I'm not sure pride--or overweening pride--is such a good thing, humility to me being a virtue I find much more appealing.

But I have noticed in the past that some people seem to believe that being arrogant towards others means that one ir proud and has "self-pride."

The curled lip (of contempt), the hands on the hips, the look of disdain, the barely concealed (if at all) sneer, the curt words..."You really is pathetic."

I wonder if in their well-intentioned efforts to "lift"African-Americans--out of their ostensible second-class status and supposed misery, liberals (and I count myself one) have not created not just a few monsters.

I don't find most Africans or Caribbean peoples arrogant.

Arrogance is not synonymous with pride.

A culture that sanctions or even idolizes anger, rage, resentment, pride has problems of its own making.

And, in my opinion, no race or ethnicity or nationality is morally superior to any other on the basis of its history (or its culture).

No comments:

Post a Comment